Terms and Conditions
The use of the term student is referring to anyone who participates in Training with Bourne fitness and Martial Arts, which could be a child, or an adult.
It is of the utmost importance that the student is punctual to each lesson. If it is your child that is training, and they arrive before the instructor has arrived on site, it is required that you please remain with them until a member of staff is present. Until a member of staff is on site you are responsible for their safety and well-being. Should you choose to leave them unattended, we hold no responsibility for them. It is also important that you arrive promptly and on time to collect your child. Many of our instructors have other classes to teach and need to leave immediately after the class.
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, it is agreed that should you drop your child early to their lesson, you are responsible for your child until lessons begin, and that Bourne fitness and Martial Arts and its owners, operators, officers, employees, instructors, students, or agents hold no responsibility over your child until the lesson has begun and they are in the training room with the instructor.
Bourne fitness and Martial Arts reserves the right to change the time or location of any class for any reason. In the unlikely event that a class is cancelled for any reason, we will let everyone booked on know
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, it is understood that changes may be made to location and time of classes.
Payment will be made monthly via Direct Debit on the 1st of each calendar month. Should you refuse to pay within one month then you forfeit the students right to participate in training, and the student will unfortunately not be allowed to train with us until all payments and fees have been paid.
Should you require to cancel your membership with us, just feel free to pop us an email. Please note that we require 30 days notice for cancellations.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, I hereby agree that Bourne fitness and Martial Arts has the right to refuse service to those who are not up to date with payments, as well as for those who continually make late payments & I understand that there is a 30 days notice period.
We reserve the right to discontinue training for any student that we deem as persistently disobedient. Should we feel we are unable to control the students behaviour, and that the child’s behaviour is detrimental to the other students training, then we will be in contact and the student will be dismissed from further lessons. Discipline is embedded in the culture of martial arts, and is required for training.
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, I hereby understand that should a student's behaviour be uncontrollable, then they will be dismissed from future lessons.
We would like to take pictures, and occasionally video the students performing their Martial Arts for promotional and advertising purposes. The photos will always be appropriate, and available for the customer to view upon request. The images, be they photo or video, will be stored in a safe and secure place.
, I hereby grant permission to Bourne fitness and Martial Arts the use of the student’s image, likeness and voice, recorded in digital format, without payment. I understand the images and film may be edited, exhibited and distributed through any media that Bourne fitness and Martial Arts sees fit.
We cannot be held responsible for any personal belongings lost or stolen during a training session. It is strongly advised that anything of value be left at home. Should a child need to contact a parent, or parent need to contact a child, then the instructor will have a phone.
Should the student suffer from any of the following medical problems, please consult with your doctor to ensure that intense physical exercise will not pose a problem to the student. In addition, please inform us via email so that we may take a note. We must be informed of any conditions before any instruction is carried out.
· Back problems
· Any illness or injury that may be aggravated by exercise
· Head injuries
· Dizziness, or loss of unconsciousness during exercise
· High cholesterol
· Joint problems, such as arthritis, that is aggravated by exercise
· Chest pains when exercising
· Any prescription medication being taken
· A heart condition
· Any conditions that restrict blood flow
· Diabetes or any other metabolic diseases
· High or low blood pressure
Should the student suffer from anything on this list, please inform the instructor immediately to discuss what action should be taken to ensure safety and well-being. It is advised that you consult a doctor if you suffer with any of these conditions before participating to ensure it is safe.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, I agree that I have consulted a doctor recently and the doctor has agreed it is safe. I also agree that I have informed the instructor or Bourne fitness and Martial Arts of any medical problem the student has, and that I choose to let the student continue in this class at my own risk. I also agree that I understand fully that the student will be participating in a semi contact sport. I hereby agree that I would like the student to participate in what can be intense physical exercise, including, but not limited to, running, stretching, aerobic and resistance exercise, all of which can result in injury or in incredibly unlikely circumstances, death.
I hereby agree that I have discussed any health problems with an instructor. I agree that I hold responsibility for any unlikely injury to the student and that the owners, operators, officers, employees, instructors, students, or agents at Bourne fitness and Martial Arts cannot be held responsible for these injuries or death. I hereby agree to the following:
· I am fully aware that the Martial Arts used will be unarmed combat, and that semi contact will be used during the session, which could result in accidental injury, or in incredibly unlikely circumstances, death.
· I understand that the student will be participating in strenuous physical exercise that could lead to minor or serious injury to either the student, or that in unlikely circumstances that myself or my child could inflict these injuries on another student. These injuries could include bruises, abrasions, broken bones and cartilage, concussion, organ damage, or extremely unlikely circumstances, death.
· I understand that the injuries caused in paragraphs 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3 could be inflicted accidentally, but also in extremely unlikely circumstances, through inadvertence or negligence, or malfunctioning equipment.
· 4 I understand that the risk to the injuries described in paragraphs 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3 cannot be reduced without severely limiting the instruction and class technique offered.
· I understand that no one at Bourne fitness and Martial Arts has given the student the authority to use any of the techniques taught to the student on any person other than in training, matches, or demonstrations, where the student and the instructor have agreed that they are sufficiently trained and qualified to do so. I also understand that the student does not have the authority to demonstrate their martial arts outside of the lesson, or in the absence of an instructor.
· After having fully read the risks however unlikely to injury and death, I hereby waive my right to a lawsuit in the extremely unlikely event of injury or death during a lesson with Bourne fitness and Martial Arts, or outside of the lesson while using the Martial Arts taught.
· I hereby agree that no legal action shall be taken up Bourne fitness and Martial Arts, its owners, operators, officers, employees, instructors, students, agents, or any other connections that Bourne fitness and Martial Arts has.
I hereby agree that I have fully read and understood the Terms and Conditions and that I agree to all of the Terms and Conditions presented within it. I understand that it is binding and non-negotiable.